Tuesday, 9 October 2012

CLIENT RESEARCH - NOMA BAR

My client has previously said that he has a keen interest in Negative Space and how it's incorporated into Graphic Design and Typography.

I thought it would be appropriate to research his favourite illustrator Noma Bar, who incorporates Negative and Positive space into his work.


I love the simple clean design here and the use of negative space  is very structured and simple. The texture of dog's face looks slightly rough, and the image looks as though it has been screen printed.


A simpler monochrome piece of design based around negative space. The use of repetition and shape is also very clever here.



A collection of the variations of colours and designs of his work.


Source: dutchuncle

I really like Noma Bar's work and think I can bring elements of this into the typeface I am designing for James.

0 comments: