Monday, 11 February 2013

SECRET 7 RESEARCH; JESSIE WARE

Source: clashmusic

Source: secret-7


Secret 7’’ are inviting creatives from around the globe to take inspiration from Jessie Ware's track, Still Love Me and design an original 7 inch vinyl sleeve.

Between 30-50 winners will be selected. One copy of each design will be produced and exhibited in East London for over a week in April.

The project culminates on Record Store Day when the 700 one-of-a-kind vinyl will be available to purchase, with all of the profits going to the charity Art Against Knives.

None of the buyers will know who created the sleeve, or even which song it's for, until they are holding it in their hands - the secret lies within.

Check out the other artists part of the Secret 7'' project: Public EnemyElton JohnNasHAIMNick Drake and Laura Marling.
Source: talenthouse
- - - -
Existing Work from 2012:
Source: blogspot

Source: cargocollective

Source: thisisfakediy

Source: blogspot

Pete Fowler for DJ Shadow in 2012

David Shrigley for The Cure in 2012


Anouska Hempel for The Cure in 2012

Brian Grimwood for Ben Howard in 2012

Central Station for Bombay Bicycle Club in 2012

Anouska Hempel for Florence and the Machine in 2012
Source: designweek


"The winning interpretations will be exhibited alongside those of established illustrators and artists anonymously with buyers paying a flat rate of £40 not knowing whose work they’re buying.

Last year the maiden exhibition raised £33,500 for the Teenage Cancer Trust. This year all profits will be donated to Art Against Knives." 

Vinyl Covers:



Source: behance

Source: vblurpage


Source: dooyoo


Source: recordsale

Source: tumblr
- - - -
Jessie Ware:

'Still Love Me' lyrics:

(Verse)
See it in your eyes,
See it in your face
In your look, see it in you
If I make myself understood.
Will you treat me like you know you should?!
Uuuh uh

(Chorus)
Still love me, still love me
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me.

(Verse)
See, it’s been a while
Looking through your eyes
I was taken in, taken by surprise.
Why did you want me, why’d you stayed so close?
You’re still not leaving?
Was I enough?
If I make myself understood.
Will you treat me like you know you should?!
Uuuh uh

(Chorus)
Still love me, still love me
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me.
Still love me, still love me.
Do you love, do you
Do you love ,do you love,
Do you still love me.

(Verse)
You’re the one that’s more easy to adore
I don’t ever have to leave if you still want me.
If I make myself understood.
Will you treat me like you know you should?!

(Chorus)
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me.
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me.
(Do you love me?)
Still love me, still love me.
Do you love me?
Still love me, still love me.
Do you, do you, do you love me?
Still love me, still love me.
(If I make myself understood.)
Still love me, still love me.
Will you treat me like you know you should?!
Still love me, still love me.
Still love me, still love me.
Still love me, still love me.
If I make myself understood.
Still love me, still love me.
Will you treat me like you know you should?!
Still love me, still love me.
Do you love me?
Still love me.

Sourced from: sing365

Jessie Ware's Album art and background:


studiomoross.com are responsible for creating Jessie Ware's previous art work, along with similar artists.

source: studiomoross

source: studiomoross

Source: cargocollective

Source: cargocollective

Running Cover - Jessie Ware

Source: rockfeedback

Source: cargocollective

Source: cargocollective
Strangest Feeling Cover - Jessie Ware

Source: cargocollective
110% Cover - Jessie Ware

Source: studiomoross

Source: studiomoross

Source: rachelsayshello

Source: spin

Source: guim

Source: redbull

Source: soulculture

- - - -
Inspiration for Ideas:

Jessie Ware is known for her demure look, and individual style. She boasts bright red lipstick, amazing eye make up and jewellery, along with patterned clothes, i.e. flocked print. These mixed with Kate Moross' work, reminds me of the aztec pattern, fancy wallpaper and geometric shapes, in pastel colours or rich reds, purples, yellows and greys.

Source: depositphotos

Source: favim

Source: redbubble

Source: modernica

Source: whicdn

Source: google

Source: tumblr

0 comments: