Monday, 15 April 2013

ILLUSTRATION & AESTHETICS RESEARCH

I wanted to carry out further research into styles of illustration, after deciding on aesthetics and after looking at Kinfolk magazine. Below are various cake-related illustrations taken from pinterest

I really like the water colour style of illustrations and feel, with the french-style European drawings. I feel these could make the publication, colourful, vibrant and fresh, and different to those which currently exist in bakery publications. However combined with photography this could be too overwhelming for the layout. 











However, I really like the simple black and white illustrations above, which I think would work nicely with photographs and a minimalistic aesthetics. The illustration below however is detailed and in depth with shades and tints of red.









0 comments: