Friday, 19 April 2013

WIERD AND WONDERFUL HANGOVER CURES

Due to the topic change of my 'Speaking from Experience' brief, I carried out further research into alternative yet strange hangover cures for my recipe book.

The results were as follows:

- Rabbit Poop Tea
- Sweat, Lick and Spit
- Prairie Oyster
- Tripe Soup
- Kterfruhstuck
- Voodoo Bottle
- Lemon Arm Pits

Source: 15 Hangover Remedies from Around the World; www.refinedguy.com

- Bloody Mary
- Deep Fried Canaries
- Banana Milkshake
- Poutine/Fries
- Eggs Benedict

Source: 7 Wierd Hangover Cures from Around the World; www.care2.com

- Raw Egg in Milk
- Beef Noodle Soup
- Detox; Apple Cider Vinegar and Bicarb.
- Detox; Cayenne Pepper, Honey, Lemon, Water

Source: Home Remedies for Hangovers; www.home-remedies-haven.com

I researched existing hangover cure books and found a gap in the market. There are not many books that encourage a good hangover cure, especially for students. This means my publication will be different to other cookbooks or recipe books.

I looked on Behance to find any design work related to hangovers:





I found that there wasn't much out there to contextualise my project, in terms of similar products, only recipe and cookery books as previously researched and noted. This leaves me in a good position to design and produce something new and different which will appeal to my target audience.

0 comments: