Monday, 2 December 2013

CATH KIDSTON BRAND AND COLOUR ARTICLE


Below is another article based on Cath Kidstons branding, however shedding light on her commonly used colour schemes, which I will research further into as the brief unveils itself and continues developing. 

The important paragraph I feel will really help me when designing is highlighted in yellow below!

cath-kidston-branding-mood-board
7

Powerful Branding: Cath Kidston

"If you’ve been reading my blog for a while it’ll probably be no surprise that I’m a big fan of Cath Kidston. Between Dani (our lovely Account Exec) and I we must own half the shop. And whilst I accept that she’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I can’t get enough of her cheery colours and fun patterns.
That’s the point about powerful brands isn’t it? They divide people. Cath Kidston isn’t about ‘blending in’ (although design snobs might argue that she’s so mainstream that this is exactly what she does). Whilst some may respond in a ‘couldn’t care less’ fashion, others fall completely, utterly in love. And for me, that’s the sign of a powerful brand. Creating something that people respond to with their hearts and their guts is a sure fire way to success.
Cath Kidston inspires me to create brands for our clients that are confident in their style and fun in character. In colour psychology terms Cath Kidston is pure Spring. Fun, creative, warm, inspiring and young. It’s about adding a splash of colour and vintage charm to your day. And I love it!
Design is a core part of Cath Kidston’s brand: from the vintage inspired patterns through to the colour palettes they work with and the stunning shop interiors. But the brand is about more than that. Walk into any Cath Kidston shop and you’re engulfed in the experience. It’s the same with the website and all of their printed communication. You can just feel the essence of the brand oozing out of every pore and if you’re a fan, it can be intoxicating."

0 comments: