Saturday, 7 December 2013

PARENTHESES AND MATHS

Whilst reflecting on my research into parenthesis, I realised I had seen many examples of mathematical equations. I hadn't looked into this before, and could prove to be valuable for the concept and future development. 

Definition in Mathematical terms;
Parentheses or "round brackets" are the familiar ( ) symbols used in pairs to group things together. 
Example: (3 + 2) x (6 - 4) = 5 x 2 = 10
The Parentheses group 3 and 2 together, and 6 and 4 together

Source

Similarly to the definition for type, the use of brackets adds structure and balance to a sentence, or equation which wouldn't be as beneficial, than without. 

Not being too good at maths myself I always found that brackets made something complex much easier to digest, and resolve if need be. I think this is a good approach which can be adapted in a manner with type on the menu perhaps to make it an easy process for both the server and the guest. 

I plan on experimenting with ways in which this can be done.

0 comments: