Friday, 5 September 2014

SECONDARY RESEARCH - FASHION & BODY SHAPE IMAGERY

To begin research for imagery in regards to bodily changes over the last century, I began with a simple google search to give an initial selection to develop into a collection with the addition of primary research. In regards to image quality, using google isn't the best solution so imagery which I would like to use, I will go on to find the original source or book if possible to obtain a higher quality image for use in the publication I would like to produce.

I searched for the decade at hand followed by 'fashion', 'body shape', 'body image' and 'ideal' to gain more precise results as well as better imagery. I also searched for individual people, i.e. Elle Macpherson, Twiggy and Marilyn Monroe. 

Below show the images grouped in decades for structure and to show changes in imagery, fashion and body shape.

1900-09:











1910:



1920:







1930:





































1940:



























1950:


































1960:










1970:
























1990:







0 comments: